Friday, April 08, 2005

Life In Seminole Heights 2

Tonight I stopped at the BP station at Sligh and Nebraska to get some gas. I go in to prepay and standing by the register is this tall, blond hair, ball capped 40ish guy. He was waiting for one of the store clerks to get a case of beer deep from the interior of the cooler. The clerk comes out and hands him a case of Natural Ice. He gets in line in behind me. I tell him to go ahead of me as he was there first. He tells me he does not mind waiting because once he gets home he has food, a hot woman and now a case of beer to enjoy the whole weekend. He reiterated with glee that his old lady told him to get the beer since they have a weekends worth of food and they will get naked. He had a big smile on his face as he left the store and ambled down the street. (He kind of looked like he had a few too many naked beer food weekends.) I can see a new ad campaign " Natural Ice - the beer of choice for Naked Food weekends!

To paraphrase Yakov Smirnoff " What a Neighborhood!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was his name Animal????? Where do these people come from and how come they all seem to converge in 3 mile radius of our neighborhoods?