Sunday, July 16, 2006

Noisy Pacific Car Stereo

Saturday, at 6:30 pm when I was at the dog park at Giddens Park, I heard a loud obnoxious racket coming from Pacific Car Stereo. There delivery van and a private vehicle had their stereos up very loud.

The friend I was with, told me that when she was at the park for the July 8 dog party, the store or its customers had their stereos on loud then.

They need to be nailed for this both by code and police. The owner needs to be help responsible for what occurs on his property and especially by his employees. There is a noise ordinance. Perhaps we need a noise meter mounted there to insure compliance or face heavy fines. Also is there anything that can be done about the broken down vehicle in the back?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why yes there is.

Anonymous said...

There goes that debate again.

Anonymous said...

I would love to know what can be done (legally) about loud music coming from cars. I live near Henry and Ola Park and the 'boom' music is ridiculous. Are there signs available from the City that 'warn' of a noise ordinance?

Anonymous said...

When I brought up this same topic, I was accused of being a racist.

Anonymous said...

Last year I commented about Viva La Frida's generating excessive noise late into the evening which was a disturbance inside my home with the air conditioner and television on, and had a number responses telling me to basically suck it up, and how approachable and cooperative Angelica was. I find it interesting that now that it's a stereo shop that there is such an outcry. Why the double standard? At least the stereo shop shuts down at night, Frida's has been known to go until midnight or so when I've finally had to call the law.

Bungalowlady said...

If you don't like the loud noise call the police at 231-6130. Tell them they are ruining your ability to quiet enjoyment of your home/park or whatever. Be sure to get an event number. They should send an officer over with a noise meter. If the volume is too loud, the police will make them turn it down. But, when it comes to boom boxes in cars, that doesn't work. The cars don't sit still long enough.

Anonymous said...

Actually, when I called about our neighbor's noise we were told that the officers do not have access to noise meters, that only a few places, like Ybor, have any at all.

CouldBeSherry said...

Concerning the car(s) they have been cited,,,,,,,,,,it is all about due process now.

Anonymous said...

Calling the police on "excessive noise" means that you are a douche, probably have always been a douche, and will probably always be a douche. Nice job on growing up to be your parents.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine living a life where I get so upset over bullshit like this. Cars driving by? That takes how long? Suck it up for gods sake. Its a good thing non of y'all live in a big city.