Saturday, April 23, 2005

The Stealth Bather

Odd things happen in a urban neighborhood.

One of my neighbors went out to water her plants Friday morning and found two bars of Ivory soap by her small front yard pond. The only conclusion she could draw was that someone needed a bath. Very curious since they would have had to go inside her front yard picket fence to get to the pond and then bathe very quietly or else someone would have heard. Well at least our prowlers are clean prowlers.

A couple of years ago every so often I would find a grocery store bag of packages of meat from the local grocery store in the back corner of my side right of way, in the bushes. I never found out who was doing it, but my suspicions were that they shoplifted the meat and the person was trying to sell them to a specific house near me and when they could not sell all of the meat they just threw it away. Very odd. Real mystery meat!

Another time I was riding around the neighborhood late one night as part of a neighborhood vehicle patrol. I was a passenger in the vehicle and I happened to glance out the window to the bus bench and observed 5/6 mens outfits on hangers, just laying on the bench. I always wondered where they came from. Perhaps the bus, like many department store dressing rooms would only allow some many changes of clothing into the bus.

No comments: